Page 3 of 3
Disastrous Defeats : Answers
Here are the answers to the reading exercise (answers may vary):
- 32 minutes = the amount of time the game between Grafand Zvereva lasted.
- 1996 = the year in which the fight between Ruiz and Tua took place.
- One = the number of jumps Jacobellis had left to do when she was in the lead.
- 1999 = the year in which Van der Velde was playing in The Open Championship.
- Three = the number of shots by which Van der Velde was ahead.
- 100,000 = the number of people in the stadium who began to chant.
How to buy Hot English Magazine
To subscribe to the magazine visit our online shop: click here
Hot English Magazine
Hot English magazine is great for learning social English. Reading Hot English on a monthly basis and listening to all the accents on the CD will really improve your level of listening comprehension, meaning added success for you.
To buy the magazine visit our online shop: click here